Friday 7 June 2013

Baby Muesli

My Mummy made me my very own muesli mix today. She says that it is a great way to get some oats into me, and also to use up the last of the baby rice cereal that she bought for me.

She didn't measure anything, and she showed me the pretty layers that she had made of the different components. Actually, what is a component? I might need Auntie to help me with that word.

Mummy says that it is very easy to make, just layer the ingredients that you want into an airtight container, put the lid onto the container and shake! I like that part, I like anything that makes a noise. Mummy soaked some of the muesli in milk for ten minutes and put some of the yummy stewed pear, apple and blueberries that she made me on top.

This time around my muesli mix included:

  • rolled oats
  • weetbix
  • almond meal
  • baby rice+oat cereal
  • a splash of quinoa flakes

Mummy says that she is on the lookout for other ingredients to try but she might see if I like them first before mixing them into a whole container of muesli.

Mummy also says that there is a cool shop called Loose Produce where she can go to buy some different things to put into my muesli. Do people really use the word "cool" these days? I must ask Auntie as well, I think that she knows better than Mummy about being "cool".

3 comments:

  1. Do you have a photo of the beautiful component layers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, next time I promise.
    Any suggestions for components?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunty Lala is definitely very 'cool' Megan! She buys her special components from shops in fancy places like Leederville and Claremont (but then again, your Mummy does too! They're both cool!). Hm. Tell your mummy that grated raw apple is very yummy in soaked muesli mix. Chia seeds, cinnamon and almond milk are also favourites when I make soaked muesli, but I am not sure whether your little stomach would like them. Your mummy would know best.

    ReplyDelete